Fire Alarm Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £22,000 to £32,000 dependant on training and experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA829393
Our client is looking for a Fire Alarm Engineer/Maintenance Engineer to install, service, maintain and repair fire detection systems of all types and designs. Also install/maintain when required emergency lighting and fixed fire detection systems. Liaise with clients while on site and communicate with the office/Team Leader on a daily basis. To be able to report system defects/problems accurately and be able to work unsupervised for periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install/maintain fire detection and emergency lighting systems and assist other engineers as and when necessary
- Carry out repairs to security/fire detection and emergency lighting systems
- Provide emergency call out cover when requested
- Document all defects noted during routine installation and ensure that the information is accurate and communicate to the office and team leader
- Liaise with customers while conducting system installations
- Carry out minor security/fire alarm and emergency lighting alterations as well as larger installations
- Organise own replacement spare parts / stock requirements via the office or team leader
- Ensure that service vehicle is maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and that liquid level and tyre pressures are checked at weekly intervals. Ensure that the vehicle is cleaned at regular intervals.
- Responsible for personal health and safety at all times
- Ensure that personal protective clothing is in functional condition at all times and that a high level of personal hygiene is maintained at all times
- Comply with Company Health & Safety Policy
- Comply with Company Quality Policy
- Comply with Company Environmental Policy
- Report to Team Leader any work-related problems
- Liaise with team leader and advise on prevailing site conditions where necessary
- To act in a professional manner at all times and promote the Company at every opportunity
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000