Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £35,000 + Benefits
Job Reference: LA844666
Our client an ever – growing and fast paced communications organisation based in Basildon are now looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will lead, manage and continually improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development/engagement and a lean culture. The ideal candidate needs strong experience of operations business skills and a sound knowledge of the operations processes including manufacturing, procurement and facility management. Strong commercial awareness and IT skills for data handling essential. A professional, confident, polite manner and excellent communication and listening skills are essential.
• Planning and controlling change
• Overseeing Health and Safety needs
• Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
• Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost
• Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout
• Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
• Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
• Responsible for all aspects of vehicle maintenance and field services including equipment rentals
• Managed Service and installations
• Establish contracts and pricing ensuring site maintenance and serving as primary liaison with facility maintenance contractors; Alarms, plumbing, electrics, housekeeping, ground maintenance and building works
• Work closely with Business Owners and senior management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
Skills required for the Operations Manager:
• Experience in Management and leadership
• Technical Expertise (Experience in Production processes and fieldwork)
• Process Improvement Experience (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.)
• NEBOSH Qualified
• Experience in managing Budgets and KPIs
• Driven by improvements
The candidate will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Claire Murrell at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Sales Administrator, Call Centre Agent, Customer Service Specialist, PA/Secretarial, Receptionist Service Co – ordinator, Operations Assistant, Productions Administrator, Import/Export Clerk, Finance Manager, Compliance Assistant, Event Managers, Procurement/Purchasing and Facilities Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000
Related Jobs (20)
Internal Sales/Order Processor on January 22, 2019
Senior Finance Administrator on January 8, 2019
Accounts Administrator: Immediate interview, immediate start!!!!! on December 13, 2018 Permanent